ReCap is more than a lecture recording tool.
- use ReCap Personal Capture desktop software or browser based recorder to create your own recordings: slide narrations, screen captures, and webcam recordings
- use ReCap’s web based editing tools to do simple editing – top and tail your recordings and remove segment
- add captions created using Automatic Speech Recognition
- add quiz questions to recordings
- create ReCap assigments - allowing students to upload their recordings and presentations
Your recordings are held on our University servers and are organised into folders relating to your modules. You don’t have to worry about the size of recordings and it is fully integrated into Canvas so you can publish recordings easily without needing to worry about embed code.
Guides on this site
- Create new recordings with ReCap Personal Capture
- Create new recordings with the browser based recorder
- Edit and publish recordings
- Adding captions using Automatic Speech Recognition
- Reuse existing recordings
- ReCap Assigments
- Sharing ReCap recordings with individuals (.docx)
- Use Resource development rooms on campus to record audio/video content
- Our Wayfinder Creating a ReCap recording and publishing it in Canvas walks you through the steps involved in this common task.
For further information see the ReCap website at teaching.ncl.ac.uk/recap