eduroam is the wireless roaming service used by the international research and education community. It is available across campus to visiting academics. The service uses the SSID eduroam with Wireless Protected Access (WPA2) and Enterprise level encryption (EAP).
Configure your iPad
- From the Home screen, tap Settings
- Tap Wi-Fi
- Set Wi-Fi to ON to turn on wireless
- From the list of networks select eduroam
Enter your credentials,
- Set Username to your University login name, include the domain of your home institution e.g. email@example.com
- Set Password to your University password
- You will be asked to accept the certificate being used, tap Accept
- You should now be connected
If your iPad is 3G capable then try switching off Cellular Data if you have problems connecting.
- Settings » General » Network » Cellular Data » OFF