The IT Service provides support, advice and guidance on a range of accessibility issues.
- Advice and guidance on a range of assistive technology solutions and how to best integrate them into mainstream teaching and learning.
- Work with software developers to ensure they are producing an accessible product.
- Work with staff to help them to create accessible content that can be used by everyone.
- They are responsible for defining the IT Service Software Accessibility Standards to ensure the usability of a product, service environment or facility by people with the widest range of capabilities.
All members of the University.
Consultation, advice and guidance: 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday, excluding University closure periods.
Level of Service
We will work closely with developers and academics to ensure that all output meets the required standards.
Support and Documentation
Find out about the IT Service Software Accessibility Standards.
Find out about how to create accessible content.
Additional support is available via the IT Service Desk on 0191 208 5999 or https://nuservice.ncl.ac.uk
- Requests for consultations should be made through IT Service Desk on 0191 208 5999 or https://nuservice.ncl.ac.uk
- A member of the team will contact the customer to give advice.
Requests for any other aspect of the service should be made via the IT Service Desk on 0191 208 5999 or https://nuservice.ncl.ac.uk
All requests relating to this service will be handled according to the Request Fulfilment process.
Developers must adhere to the IT Service Software Accessibility Standards.