Terms and Conditions
Hardware Loans Scheme Terms and Conditions of Use
I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I will provide my personal details as requested on the borrower registration form and allow these details to be used for administration of the scheme.
- I am responsible for the return of any item which is recorded as borrowed by me and recorded in the scheme's database.
- I understand that items returned after the due back date will incur a fine and borrowing will be suspended from the account until the fines are paid.
- If I fail to return an item at the end of the agreed loan period I will be required to pay the total cost of replacement up to a maximum of £500. Loans will be cancelled 10 weeks after the due back date or, in the case of graduating students/postgraduates, at the end of the period of study.
- I understand that I may be required to make good the cost of any damage to, or loss of, equipment on loan to me.
- If I fail to fulfill obligations in respect of scheme fines or replacement costs of scheme equipment I will be regarded as being in debt to the University.
- I agree to contact the scheme's team, occupational health, or the Student Wellbeing Service as soon as I feel that an item is causing me discomfort or not serving the purpose for which it was originally borrowed.
- I agree to stop using an item borrowed should it start to make my condition worse.
- Lost/Damaged items: Borrowers who fail to return items will be invoiced for the full replacement cost.
- Overdue Items: 15p per day overdue up to a maximum of £10
- Overdue Laptops: £1 per day up to a maximum of £35
- Items that are overdue for 10 weeks or more will be considered lost and borrowers will be invoiced for the full replacement costs.
- 'I' is the borrower who has completed the Borrower Registration Form.
- 'The Scheme' is the Hardware Loans Scheme.
- 'An Item' is any item borrowed or kept from the scheme.
Published August 2010