To provide professional media production services to the University in support of University education and / or research, or to promote or market the institution.
- Our media production services are provided at no cost to all academic units, institutes or services wishing to produce video content
- We provide expert advice and guidance throughout the whole media production process
- We can schedule filming either within our bespoke and fully equipped TV studio Studio or on location
- We have state of the art post-production facilities
- We can deliver your media via whatever format is required
- Our sound recording studio can be used to record professional voice-overs and allows local participants to connect directly to broadcast radio studios anywhere in the world
- Our team provide advice and guidance to academic units, institutes and professional services on any technical related AV & media issues
Any university staff
08:30-17:00, Monday to Friday, excluding University closure periods.
Out of hours technical support is available but is subject to resource availability and may incur charges
Level of Service
All media production requests submitted will be acknowledged with 10 working days of submission.
We will aim to meet all project deadlines as agreed however, should delays occur that are outside of our control, we cannot be held responsible for the late delivery of the final media
More detail can be found in our full terms and conditions: -https://services.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/technical-services/digital-media/request process/DMS-terms-and-conditions.pdf
Support and Documentation
Information and advice on the media production process can be found at https://services.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/technical-services/digital-media/.
All incidents relating to this service will be handled according to the IT Incident Management and Major Incident Management processes.
Requests to use our media production service must be made using our Media Production Request (MPR) form
All received forms will be assessed against our suitability criteria
Where submitted forms meet our suitability criteria, and we have appropriate resource to deliver the project within the identified timescales, we will usually arrange a face-to-face meeting with the user, to understand the requirements in more detail prior to making a final decision
To request use of our media production services please see our request process at https://services.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/technical-services/digital-media/requestprocess/.
For general enquiries either email email@example.com or telephone 0191 20 87707).
All requests relating to this service will be handled according to the IT Request Fulfilment process.
- To liaise with and schedule any resources required for filming. This may include coordinating availability of colleagues and/or arranging access to location recording environments both prior to (for a location suitability recce) and during filming
- Should we require a hire vehicle for location filming then it is the users responsibility to arrange and fund this. Where appropriate we will advise on this in advance
- Ensure that risk assessment forms are complete in advance of any location filming
- Be present (or ensure a colleague can be present) during filming, to ensure that the content being captured is appropriate and relevant to the project
- When filming at large events, it is the clients’ responsibility to ensure that all attendees are made aware that filming will be taking place, and that any attendees not wishing to be filmed are easily identifiable to the Digital Media Services team
- Where any third-party media is to be included in a media production then the user must obtain written permission in advance from the owner of the material
There is no charge for use of Digital Media Service resource during core hours. Any work that takes place outside of core hours is subject to resource availability and labour charges will be applied. Information on costs will be provided in advance where appropriate .
Charges will be incurred for any additional music, media or consumables that are not provided as standard
Travel or vehicle hire costs may be incurred where off-campus filming is required as part of the media production project. Where appropriate we will advise on this in advance