Our standard IT clusters and Student Windows Virtual Desktop have a number of software applications to support students with Dyslexia and disabled students.
Students with Visual Impairments
- Windows Magnifier is available on all Windows 10 PCs.
- You can modify, and save custom display settings.
- Zoomtext Magnifier/Reader can be installed in Study rooms on request.
- JAWS Text to Speech available in Study rooms on request.
- Microsoft has a range of Office 365 tools built into its apps to support Visual Impairments.
Students with Dyslexia
The following is available via the Student Windows Virtual Desktop.
- You can modify and save your preferred colour choices using ClaroRead Plus.
- ClaroRead Plus along with ScreenRuler and ClaroView are available.
- ClaroRead Cloud OCR can be used to convert files to searchable and readable text.
You can also access the following:
- Microsoft has a range of Learning Tools built into Office 365 apps.
- Use SensusAccess to convert documents into a range of alternative formats including text files, audio and braille
In addition, the bookable study rooms in the University Libraries have:
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking voice recognition software.