Our standard IT clusters have a number of software applicaitons to support students with dyslexia and disabilities.
Students with Visual Impairments
- Windows Magnifier is available.
- You can modify, and save custom display settings.
- Zoomtext Magnifier/Reader can be installed on specific clusters machines on request.
- JAWS Text to Speech can be installed on specific clusters machines on request.
- Microsoft has a range of Office 365 tools built into its apps to support Visual Impairements.
Students with Dyslexia
- You can modify and save your preferred colour choices
- ClaroRead Plus along with ScreenRuler and ClaroView are available.
- ClaroRead Cloud OCR can be used to convert files to searchable and readable text.
- MindView mindmapping software is available.
- Microsoft has a range of Learning Tools built into Office 365 apps.
In addtion the bookable study rooms in the University Libraries have:
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking voice recognition software.
Software on Hardware Loan Laptops
We have a small pool of laptops available for loan from the Hardware Loans Scheme. These are supplied with MindView, ClaroRead Plus and Microsoft Office 365 installed. Other software can be installed on request (subject to licenses).