To provide first point of contact support and advice on all IT services via telephone, email, online and face-to-face support.
Support and advice on all aspects of IT offered by the IT Service, including:
- Desktop applications and operating systems
- Corporate databases
- Password resets and account issues
- Web services and applications
- Virtual Learning Environments
- Connection to University network
- Security and virus protection
- Provision of information regarding service interruptions and planned maintenance downtime
- Prospective students
- Guests of the University
Our service hours are available here.
Level of Service
- All customer contacts will be recorded in our service management system
- Frontline teams will aim to resolve the issue at first point of contact
- Callers contacting us outside of 08:00-17:00, Monday to Friday may receive a reduced level of service (for example, staff passwords cannot be reset outside of usual University business hours)
Support and Documentation
A great deal of help and advice is also available on the IT Service website at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/
All incidents will be handled according to the Incident Management and Major Incident Management processes.
- via self-help, search our knowledgebase
- By self-service - log and track your own request
- By telephone on 0191 208 5999
- In-person at the face-to-face support locations
- By web form (where provided for certain services and applications)
All requests relating to this service will be handled according to the Request Fulfilment process.
Customers should refer to the appropriate documentation for self-help before contacting us.
On making contact, all customers should be prepared to provide relevant contact details (including University login ID) and enough level of detail of the issue to allow diagnosis and resolution.