The service supports the training needs of University staff that need to be able to use the University’s administrative Business Systems.
Training covers the following key areas:
- Purchasing using Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Introduction to SAP
- Student Lifecycle Management
- Financial reporting
- Customer relationship management (CRM) – Interaction centre
- Online Expenses
- Postgraduate admissions process
- Business Warehouse (BW) reporting
- Manager’s Desktop reporting
- HR Drilldown reporting
- Training and events management
- Training course bookings/administration
- Training course catalogue
- One-to-one sessions
- Ad-hoc/tailored training sessions
- Training website
- Supporting documentation:
- Web based cue cards
- Printable Quick reference guides
- Web based Work instructions
- Printable Work instruction
- Online courses
- Context sensitive help for SAP R/3.
All staff using the University’s business systems.
Training sessions available during business hours, 08:30–17:00, Monday to Friday, excluding University closure periods.
Training website, supporting documentation, FAQs, and Online courses 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Context sensitive help for SAP R/3 available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, excluding SAP R/3 downtime.
Level of Service
Training bookings processed and confirmed within two working days.
Support and Documentation
The training course catalogue and all supporting documentation can be accessed at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/sap-training/.
The training course calendar can be accessed at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/sap-training/events/.
Additional support is available via the IT Service Desk, for contanct details go to http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/support/itservicedesk/.
To request training for a new user to SAP or training for additional SAP access, follow the instructions at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/account-admin/accesstosap/
To request one-to-one training complete the booking form at https://saptraining.ncl.ac.uk/booking/dropinbooking.html
Requests for any other aspect of the service should be made via the IT Service Desk, for contanct details go to http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/support/itservicedesk/.
Users are expected to comply with the regulations that are specified on the relevant User Registration form.
Users are expected to make use of the documentation before contacting the Service Desk for help.
N/A (Non-attendance of a booked training course may incur a £50 cancellation fee).