To provide a facility to allow researchers access to high performance computing hardware where their computations or data files are too large or too numerous to be accommodated on a single desktop machine
- Access to large amounts of computing hardware
- Queue thousands of jobs at once
- Access to specialist staff to aid with programming
- Advice on how to manage your data and how to use HPC within your research.
Any project leader can request a project space (and can then add users to their project)
Access to Rocket is available 24/7
Planned maintenance times will be publicised in advance if there will be a disruption to the service.
Level of Service
Users can submit jobs to rocket anytime and they will be entered into a queue. The queue is managed by SLURM and it determines when your job will run based on what else is in the queue and who submitted it.
Support and Documentation
Documentation is available at
Additional support is available via the NUIT Service Desk on 5999 or https://nuservice.ncl.ac.uk
All incidents relating to this service will be handled according to the NUIT Incident Management and Major Incident Management processes.
- All requests to get access to rocket should be through the registration form at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/research/hpc/hpcregistration/
Requests for any other aspect of the service should be made via the NUIT Service Desk on 5999 or https://nuservice.ncl.ac.uk
All requests relating to this service will be handled according to the NUIT Request Fulfilment process.
Users need to be aware of the ‘code of conduct’ before using Rocket
Currently free at the point of use.