The blogging service provides a publically-viewable, online space for University staff, students or groups to share information, useful links or record their thoughts, news or views.
University blogs are hosted free of charge at blogs.ncl.ac.uk
The benefits of a Newcastle University blog include higher search rankings from the ncl.ac.uk domain, a secure, fully-managed WordPress platform and daily back-ups.
- User-friendly dashboard for managing posts (no technical knowledge required)
- Choose from a number of mobile responsive templates (themes)
- Spam-filtered commenting (choice of guest or registered user commenting)
- Publish text, links, pictures (Flickr, Picasa galleries) and embed video (YouTube, Vimeo etc.)
- Social media integration to share posts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn
Request a Blog
To get started with your own personal blog (University staff and students) visit blogs.ncl.ac.uk/getting-started
Groups of users (for example, a research team or student society) may request a team blog.
See the directory of Newcastle blogs (a blog will only be listed in the directory if the owner makes it publicly accessible).
Support and Documentation
A user guide for the service can be found at https://blogs.ncl.ac.uk/help
View the Newcastle University Web Publishing Service Definition.