Cluster Teaching Facilities
Larger clusters used for teaching have AV and a designated tutor console (similar to those in common user rooms). Software and presentations on the tutor PC can be projected and displayed on AV screens in the cluster.
Teaching staff can also make use of a software tool NetSupport School on this tutor console to broadcast content to all cluster PC screens, or to groups of PCs in the cluster.
NetSupport school has additional facilites to
- generate polls
- monitor screens
- exhibit a student machine
- co-browse websites
NetSupport School is installed in the following clusters:
- Armstrong (Fayol 1.64)
- Bedson (Globe 2.40, Chart 3:30)
- Daysh (Brae 1.31)
- Herschel (Blue, Red and Purple) [Bank, Loch, Pond, Brigg]
- King George VI (Lawn 2.33)
- Medical School (Dene, Fell, Pool, Glen, Linn)
- Percy (Gate09)
- Philip Robinson Library (Barn, Tees, Hope)
- Ridley (Nereid 4.72)
- Stephenson (Tree 3.04B & Tree 3.04C)
Using NetSupport School
Quick Start Guide PDF 742Kb
A quick set of tasks to work through as a refresher or familiarisation exercise.