Network Installation and Maintenance
Provides delivery and support of the University’s structured network cabling infrastructure and associated hardware.
- Provision of network connectivity and continuity across campus using copper, fibre and wireless technologies via a series of (350+) Equipment Rooms.
- ‘Active equipment’ includes Fibre Routers, Core Switches, Edge Switches, Wireless and Power-Over-Ethernet equipment, all of which are supported by this service.
- Responsible for the writing of technical specification documents for new and refurbished university buildings.
- Close interaction with ESS, Data Network installers and building contractors throughout the length of building projects which may be several years into the future.
- Supervision and interfacing with external Data Network suppliers on a regular basis.
Estates Support Service (ESS) – who request involvement from inception to completion of refurbishment or new build projects.
Faculties, Schools & Services – who may request changes without the involvement of ESS
Faults may be reported by University staff, students and visitors who have authority to connect to the Campus Network.
Support, consultation, advice and guidance: 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday, excluding University closure periods.
Level of Service
Configuration changes will be completed within five working days from receipt of the request.
Support and Documentation
Information is available at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/network-installation/.
Additional support is available via the IT Service Desk on 0191 208 5999 or https://nuservice.ncl.ac.uk
All incidents relating to this service will be handled according to the Incident Management and Major Incident Management processes.
Requests from individual users are channelled via the Service Desk.
ESS have separate arrangements.
All enquires relating to data networks, or any other aspect of the service should be made via the IT Service Desk on 0191 208 5999 or https://nuservice.ncl.ac.uk
All requests relating to this service will be handled according to the Request Fulfilment process.
On major works, sufficient notice must be given, via ESS, to incorporate data network requirements into a project plan.