Software Development Toolkit
The Software Development Toolkit provides a supporting framework for the full software development lifecycle.
- Source code management using git-based version control
- Software project planning and management
- Continuous Integration pipelines
- The University has a Github Enterprise account that is available for use by all staff and students, for professional, teaching, and research usage. The newcastleuniversity organisation can be found here: github.com/newcastleuniversity.
Service Availability - 24x7
Support Availability – Mon-Fri 09:00-17:30, excluding bank holidays
Level of Service
Provide a monthly availability target for the service of 99.5% uptime measured against:
- Availability of website using correct authentication credentials
- Ability to use the Service Development Toolkit Continuous Integration (SDT CI)
- Ability to push and pull from all instances using correct authentication credentials
Continuous Integration (CI) jobs are queued for less than 10 minutes to guarantee a user’s job is ran in a short amount of time.
In the event of the service failing to meet these targets on at least 3 out of any 5 consecutive months a Service Improvement Plan will be put into place.
These measures exclude:
- Scheduled maintenance windows
- Customer’s failure to make use of the service as specified in the service definition
- Customer’s failure to adhere to University IT Policies.
Upgrades to the service will be managed according to NUIT change management policy.
Support and Documentation
Service specific user documentation is available at https://services.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/technical-services/softwaredevtoolkit/
General usage documentation for the software is available at https://docs.github.com/en
Additional support is available via the IT Service Desk on 0191 208 5999 or https://nuservice.ncl.ac.uk.
All incidents relating to both aspects of this service will be handled according to the Incident Management and Major Incident Management processes.
It is the user’s responsibility to ensure that they follow the IT rules of use: https://services.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/rules/