A number of centrally supported (common user) teaching and meeting rooms are now enabled with our wireless presentation system.
This enables you to easily present content from your personal device (laptop/tablet/smartphone) wirelessly to the display system in the room.
To find out which spaces are enabled with this technology please see the Room Finder System.
First time users
First time users will need to download the Solstice client or app to their device to enable them to present wirelessly.
For managed devices the Solstice Client is available to install via Software Center
If you are using your own Windows or Mac laptop then: -
- Switch the AV system on via the AV control panel and select the wireless button
- Open a browser on your device and type in the IP address shown on the main AV display in the room
- Click the big 'Connect' button to download the software to your device
If you are using an iOS or Android tablet or smartphone then: -
- For iOS devices download the Solstice Client app from the App Store
- For Android devices download the Solstice app from Google Play.
Once downloaded and installed lauch the client or app on your device and: -
- Switch on the AV system using the AV control panel and select the 'wireless' button
- Click the 'Quick Connect' box and enter the IP address shown on the main AV display in the room (http:/10.XX.XX.XX)
- Enter the four digital key/passcode shown on the main AV display in the room and then click OK (Note the key changes after every use, to make sure you are in the correct room when connecting to the system)
You should then be able to share your screen and any images or documents from your device wirelessly to the main AV display.
A guide on how to use connect and use Solstice is available via this link.
If you have used the wireless presentation system in a particular room then your device should remember and show previously used venues by room name. To use the system: -
- Switch on the AV system using the AV control system and select the wireless button
- Open the Solsitce App on your device
- Select the required room from the Recently Used list
- Enter the key/passcode shown on the main AV display, and you will be connected again.
In meeting rooms without PCs it is possible to connect to Solstice and use Solstice Conference mode to connect wirelessly to the display and also the installed Camera and Microphone.
A guide on how to use Solstice Conference is available via this link.