When you’re using a University supplied, Windows 10 laptop to work remotely, DirectAccess allows you to log in to campus IT services and access your files.
DirectAccess starts-up automatically on your University managed laptop and runs in the background while you’re working.
With DirectAccess you can:
- Access University IT Services and software
- Access SAP services (scroll down to the bottom of the SAP login pad and select the service you require labelled ‘DirectAccess’)
- Access your University files (H:Drive) and shared drives
- You don’t need to download lots of files to your laptop, DirectAccess allows you to access and edit them in their original location
- If you do need to download large files or data, please do it out of normal office hours so the service isn't slowed for others.
- Please only use one DirectAccess enabled device per person. Using multiple devices has an impact on the quality of the service.
- For the best experience we recommend you use a wired network connection.
Please consider the number of people accessing the internet in your household and the potential impact streaming/gaming/other online services may have on your internet connection. This may affect your DirectAccess experience.