This service provides computer accounts (login IDs and passwords) for customers, which allow access to University computing facilities.
A computer account allows access to:
- Log on to a University provided computer, services and the campus network
- A University email account
- Centrally managed, private and secure filestore
- University provided desktop software
- Corporate databases
- Web applications and services
- University wireless network
- School/Service (Role Account)
- Student Union/Society Accounts
- Conference IDs for guest speakers, conference delegates and short term visitors
More information on eligibility for staff accounts can be found here.
08:00-17:00, Monday to Friday
Level of Service
Regular staff accounts are created automatically within two working days of personnel records being created by the University's HR department.
Student accounts are created automatically when students become approved applicants.
All other accounts (School/Service, Student Union/Society Accounts and conference IDs) are created manually by request to the IT Service Desk usually within two business days after receipt of request.
Support and Documentation
Relevant documentation and forms can be found at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/account-admin/registeringforanaccount/.
Additional support is available via the IT Service Desk on 0191 208 5999 or email@example.com.
All incidents relating to this service will be handled according to the Incident Management and Major Incident Management processes.
Student personal account
- Newcastle University Students have their University IT account (login, email and filestore) created automatically when they enrol with the University.
- Activation of the account is described at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/account-admin/registeringforanaccount/#Students.
Student society account (for a society website (Unix ID required) and/or a society email address)
- Complete the appropriate registration form:
- For a student society affiliated to the Students’ Union complete the Union Society registration form
- For a school sponsored society complete the School Sponsored Society Registration form
Staff personal account
- Complete the Staff Registration form and return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
School or service role account (for a school website (Unix ID required) and/or a school email address)
- Complete the School or Service ID Registration Form and return the form to email@example.com
Conference guest speaker account
- Conference speakers requiring access to a PC in a lecture theatre for a presentation will require a login ID. These are issued by the Conference Office.
Conference delegates and short term visitors accounts (for wireless network access)
- The conference organiser or visiting staff should refer to the Guest Wireless Service pages for more information and details on how to register.
Union Society Staff:
- Complete the Union Society Staff Registration form and return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
In all instances, account details will be provided to the customer once the from has been completed and the account has been created.
Requests for any other aspect of the service should be made via the IT Service Desk.
All requests relating to this service will be handled according to the Request Fulfilment process.
All users are subject to Rules of Use which can be found at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/rules/. Staff members sign the User Agreement, and students agree to this when they register with the University.