Recovery of costs
Funding Model for the University Telecoms Service
The IT Service receives no direct allocation (either RAM or via cost-drivers) for the University Telecoms Service. FMBSG mandates that all costs incurred by the Telecoms Service are recovered from its customers.
- The professional staff required to operate the University Telecoms Service;
- Salary contribution for the University Switchboard Service;
- Maintenance and development of the University PABX (telephone exchange);
- Call/rental charges incurred by customers.
The cost recovery methods are:
- A rental charge for each extension line (presently £55 per annum);
- A mark-up on the cost of all calls placed via the University PABX;
- Time and materials cost-recovery for capital works and other projects (e.g. installation of new exchange lines; moves and changes).