RETURN TO WORK - Telephony Questions
Telephony Related Enquiries and Questions raised form our return to work
Return to work - Telephony Related Enquiries and Questions. Please note we will be adding furthe information to this page, please check back for updates.
- My DECT handset has no display when I try to use it?
- Ensure handset is firmly in charge cradle
- Check the cradle is connected to a power outlet and switched on - charge handset for 4 hours before use
- If this does not work, raise an NUIT Self-Service ticket to Desktop Support who will supply new rechargeable batteries for the handset - do not attempt to replace batteries yourself, as this may cause a fire risk
- If Replacement batteries do not resolve the issue, a new handset will be required. In these cases a replacement handset will be issued, and Desktop Support should hand your call back to telecoms to arrange this.
The Envelope Symbol is flashing on my handset, How do I stop it?
A short instructional Video will be available on the telecoms web pages showing how to remove a “call back”/stop the light flashing.
- My Voice Mailbox is full and I cannot retrieve messages?
- Voicemail boxes belong to the person who signed the voicemail request form and should only be accessed by the signatory, or their line manager with appropriate authority.
- Dial into the voicemail server 0191 2085555 external or 85555 internal. Enter your mailbox number (typically your extension number or the group number if known).
- Enter your PIN, the PIN you set up when you originally requested the service. Forgotten your PIN? - raise a Self-Service Service Desk ticket to NUIT Telecoms to unlock your mailbox.
- I cannot remember my voicemail PIN?
- Raise a Self-Service Service Desk Ticket to NUIT Telecoms to arrange to be sent a new PIN.
The voice mailbox is no longer required, how can I arrange to remove it?
Raise a Self-Service Service Desk Ticket to NUIT Telecoms. Please check with your own line management before requesting to remove a voicemail box from an extension number.
The person who used this extension number/voice mailbox has left the University, can we still access the messages in that mailbox?
Voice Mailboxes belong to the person who requested the service and under normal circumstances, only the owner can access them. In these situations, please approach a line manager/person with appropriate authority to request access to the mailbox.
- How can I clear the message waiting notification on my DECT Cordless Handset?
- At the point you are asked to enter your PIN, you will hear your new messages. When you hang up the message waiting light will extinguish.
Call Forwarding or other programming
- Call Forwarding needs to be removed now I'm back in the office?
In the first instance, please dial #4 from the handset which is being forwarded. (This will remove any call forwarding that was set by the extension)
- Some call forwarding options can only be added/removed by NUIT Telecoms - Raise a Self-Service Service Desk ticket to NUIT Telecoms who will remove the forwarding function once you are back in the office full-time.
- If you will be following a 'Blended Working' pattern, we suggest you approach your department to purchase a mobile telephone via NUIT Telecoms or switch to communication via Microsoft Teams where possible